Our Centre reopened on Saturday 16th May 2020 9am-5pm 7 days a week with minimal precautions in place.
- Contract Tracing – we are still asking visitors to fill in our contact details sheet in place of the visitors book and we will have QR codes for you to scan at the centre and on the trail.
- Visitor Limits – no visitor limits
- Physical Distancing – no physical distancing
Toilet and kitchen facilities will be available.
Our trails and hides are all open. If you do plan to visit please note:
- Contact Tracing is not required but we still ask you to scan in using the QR codes on each of the gates
- Enjoy the birds
Accommodation and Tours
- Accommodation is available in our self-contained units and bunkrooms. Contact the centre if you have any concerns about sharing spaces, for more details or to make a booking.
- Our talks and tours are available. Contact us to discuss.
Events and Courses
- AGM RESCHEDULED to 28th June 2020 – The Annual General Meeting will now be held at 2pm on Sunday 28th June 2020. This is also the same day as the Firth of Thames Wader Census so would be a good time to join the efforts or birdwatch around the 12.30pm high tide. See our Events page for more details.
We will be sending out further emails to let our members and supporters know what we are up too. To sign up for these email updates please subscribe to our newsletter on the right-hand side of the page. You can also check out our Facebook page for more news.
Kia kaha everyone. These are unprecedented times so please keep yourselves, whanau and friends safe and be kind to all the others in our communities facing it with us.
– The Pūkorokoro Miranda Shorebird Centre Team